top of page

Jonathan Majors Accuser Recants Story In Case Of Physical Abuse



Actor Jonathan Majors' attorney has claimed that the actor is actually the victim of a domestic altercation, despite being arrested and charged with assault against his girlfriend. In a statement released on Sunday, Majors' lawyer, Priya Chaudhry, said that Majors is innocent and that he was "probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows." Chaudhry had previously said she expected the charges against Majors to be dropped. She claims to have video evidence that exonerates him of the alleged assault on his girlfriend, who had reportedly recanted her statements.

According to reports, the altercation occurred inside a vehicle, and Majors was taken into custody on Saturday morning on assault charges. He was released on his own recognizance and is expected to return to court in May.

Chaudhry's statement also indicated that her team is gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney, expecting all charges to be dropped soon. She claims to have video footage from the vehicle where the alleged assault occurred and witness testimony from the driver and others who saw and heard the altercation. She also said that there are two written statements from the woman who had made the allegations, recanting her statements.


The alleged victim allegedly saw another woman text her man's phone, resulting in an altercation that's said to have turned physical. Mr. Majors is accused of slapping his partner when she tried to view the messages before putting his hands around her neck, resulting in visible injuries. Among them was a "laceration behind her ear, redness, and marks to her face." Majors' spokesperson has also denied any wrongdoing, stating that the actor "has done nothing wrong." The District Attorney has requested a full order of protection for the alleged victim, indicating a need for further protection from Majors.


A judge on Saturday night granted a limited order of protection and ordered that Mr. Majors be released on his own recognizance. Majors received charges on six counts of third-degree assault, three counts of third-degree attempted assault, and two counts of harassment. His next court appearance is scheduled for May 8.

Mr. Majors is already experiencing backlash from the allegation. Two advertisements for the United States Army featuring the actor have seen fewer recruits as part of its "Be All You Can Be" campaign. The two ads that featured him are being removed from the rotation, said Laura DeFrancisco, an Army spokeswoman.


"While Mr. Majors is innocent until proven guilty, prudence dictates that we pause our ads until the investigation into these allegations is complete," she said.

Jonathan Majors is known for his roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including Kang the Conqueror in the Disney+ television series Loki and Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania. His upcoming film, "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty," will be released in March 2025.



18 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page